The CONTOUR® NEXT LINK Meter from Bayer
How to use
Testing in 3 easy steps
- Insert the grey end of a CONTOUR® NEXT test strip into the meter. The meter will turn on.
- When the Apply Blood screen appears, touch the test strip to the drop of blood. Hold it there until the meter beeps.
- Wait 5 seconds. At the end of the countdown, your test result will be displayed. To turn the meter off, press and hold the top menu button. (The meter also turns off after 3 minutes of inactivity)
How to link the CONTOUR® NEXT LINK meter to the Medtronic MiniMed™ pumps*
Just follow the 6 easy steps below and start sending test results wirelessly to your pump.
- From the Setup menu on your meter go to Pump Options and press OK, then press Connection. The Pump Options screen appears and asks if you would like to Connect to a MiniMed Pump?, press OK. (NOTE: Pump refers to your compatible Medtronic MiniMed device).
STOP. Do NOT press ANY other buttons. Put the meter down and proceed to Step 2.
- Pick up the pump and press ACT to get to the Main Menu screen. From the Main Menu screen select Utilities, then press ACT. Select Connect Devices, press ACT, then select Device Options. Scroll to Meters and press ACT. Select On and press ACT.
- Select Delete ID to replace a meter or select Add ID to add a new meter, then press ACT.
- Enter the meter ID shown on the meter screen into the pump and press ACT after each character entry. After entering the meter ID number into the pump, press Next on the meter.
- Confirm that your CONTOUR®NEXT LINK meter ID has been entered correctly in the pump under the Review Meter ID screen.
- The devices should be connected.
*Compatible Medtronic devices include MiniMed™ Paradigm® Veo™ insulin pump, MiniMed™ Paradigm® REAL-Time insulin pump and continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) system, and Guardian®REAL-Time CGM system
The CONTOUR® NEXT LINK meter uses the CONTOUR® NEXT test strip to deliver remarkable accuracy. Don’t forget to ask your GP to update your prescription PIP CODE 368-2119. Learn more >
Already own a CONTOUR® NEXT LINK meter?